In 1953, George E. Booth - an employee at the Vinton County National Bank - began searching for a method to supplement his salary and to provide more for his wife, Dorothy, and their four children. Earlier that year, David R. Booth, George's father, relocated to McArthur from Wilkesville after fire destroyed the family home. David was looking for light work to occupy his time. Noting that no one in the county was selling Real Estate at that time, David and George approached the Central Realty Company of Columbus to propose an alliance. George and David passed their licensing examinations on their first attempts, and they established a branch office of Central Realty in George's house. Within two years, Dorothy earned her license to sell Real Estate and joined her husband and father-in-law in the venture.
By 1955, it seemed prudent to sell casualty insurance, as well, so George and Dorothy earned licenses to sell insurance. In 1960, they affiliated with the Grange Mutual Casualty Company of Columbus - a union that remains intact today. Having established an insurance business, the team needed an office outside of the home. Dorothy retired from her teaching position to operate the business full-time. In 1967, the office moved to its current location on Market Street in downtown McArthur. That same year, George and Dorothy's son, David M. Booth, joined the firm. Their daughter, Janet Booth Bolender, joined the following year as Office Manager and Insurance Agent.
In 1975, the Real Estate business incorporated and the alliance with Central Realty ended. In 1993, David Randall Booth, the son of David M. Booth, joined the firm as a Real Estate seller and Insurance Agent. The younger David is the fourth generation to enter into the family business. In 2020, Jayce Booth, David Randall's son, extended the family business line to five generations, focusing on the insurance line of the business.
Copyright (C) 2010-2020 Booth Real Estate and Insurance Agency, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information is deemed to be accurate, but is subject to errors and omissions.
Serving Southeastern Ohio Since 1953
111 South Market Street
McArthur, OH 45651